Why additionally insure your cargo?
When transporting goods, liability for loss / damage to goods is limited within the framework of international conventions:
For air carriage - in accordance with the Warsaw Convention of October 12, 1929 and the IATA Air Carriage Regulations prescribed in the air waybill;
(Responsibility up to 17 euros per kg)
When transporting by road - in accordance with the Convention on the Contract for the International Carriage of Goods by Road (CMR);
(Up to SDR 8.33 (approx. € 9) per kg.)
For carriage by sea - in accordance with the Hague-Visby Rules. (2SDR or about 2.5 euros per kg or 666SDR (about 700 euros) per container.)
Additional insurance makes it possible to receive 100% compensation in case of an insured event.
How to properly pack the cargo?
Proper packaging protects the contents of the shipment from day-to-day hazards and ensures that the cargo being transported does not damage other goods in transit. The packaging must be sufficient to protect your goods during transport. By using the most common measures, time and labor costs as well as financial losses can be avoided.
- Use shock-resistant materials that will prevent the load from moving freely during transport.
- Each fragile or vulnerable item must be wrapped separately.
Packages must be securely sealed with adhesive tape intended for pasting transported goods.
- The boxes must be on the paddon and secured.
- Cabinet furniture (dressers, wardrobes, beds) must be disassembled in detail and properly packed in a separate package filled with packing material.
- Larger shipments (equipment, etc.) must be secured with a supporting frame, which must be filled with protective packing material (foam, etc.).
How to mark the cargo?
The main inscriptions on the packages must contain:
- Full or abbreviated name of the consignee and consignor;
- Sender and recipient address;
- The number of packages in the shipment and the serial number of the place inside the shipment;
- Manipulation signs are also indicated, for example: Fragile, Up, etc.
Can I send personal items abroad without a detailed list?
Unfortunately, it is impossible, personal belongings, like any goods transported across state borders, fall under customs control, in connection with which a complete list of the transported goods must be drawn up for its submission to the customs authorities and for the correct registration of customs procedures.
I want to send cargo without documents
Just as it is impossible to fly on an airplane without showing a passport / visa, it is impossible to dispatch cargo without documents. During the international transportation of any cargo, personal belongings or commercial cargo, its movement falls under the customs control of the countries of the sender and recipient.
What documents are needed for moving?
1. Copy of the main page of the passport
2. Copy of the page with the registration stamp
3. Copy of the passport main page
4. Copy of visa / residence permit / residence permit.
5. Packing list / invoice
What duties must be paid when moving to the Russian Federation
An individual of a member state who has temporarily resided in a foreign state for at least 12 months, can be imported into the customs territory of the Union in accompanied and (or) unaccompanied luggage with exemption from customs duties, taxes goods for personal use, cost which does not exceed the amount equivalent to 5,000 euros (excluding vehicles for personal use and bodies of vehicles for personal use), subject to confirmation of the fact temporary residence in a foreign country during the specified period in accordance with the legislation of a member state.
In other cases, the duty is 4 EUR / kg or 30% of the value of the cargo
What goods for personal use can be transported?
Used goods for personal use that can be imported in the prescribed amount by foreign individuals for the period of their stay in the customs territory of the EAEU without paying customs duties and taxes, regardless of the value and (or) weight of such goods
1. Clothes, footwear, hats, umbrellas, jewelry, personal hygiene items, and other personal goods in the amount necessary for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Eurasian Economic Union (hereinafter referred to as the Union).
2. Portable sound recording, video recording, reproducing equipment, photographic equipment, no more than 1 unit of each name and accessories to such equipment, video recording media, audio recording media in the amount necessary for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union.
3. Mobile phones, smartphones and similar communication devices, no more than 2 units.
4. Portable personal computers, tablets, game consoles in the amount of not more than 1 unit of each item and accessories to them in the amount necessary for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union.
5. Portable musical instruments in the amount required for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union.
6. Cultural values (upon confirmation of attribution to such in accordance with the legislation of a member state of the Union) in the amount required for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union.
7. Baby carriages, child seats fixed on the seats of cars in the amount necessary for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union.
8. Wheelchairs for disabled people in the amount required for use during their stay in the customs territory of the Union.
9. Inventory and accessories for sports, tourism and hunting, balloons in the amount required for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union. 10. Domestic animals, including those used for hunting, sports, tourism, in the amount necessary for use during their stay in the customs territory of the Union.
11. Portable dialysers, other similar medical devices and consumables for them in the amount required for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union.
What is prohibited with personal belongings?
- Alcoholic drinks, alcohol, beer, wine, vodka
- Cosmetics, perfume
- Cultural property without registration
- Natural diamonds / jewelry
- Tobacco / Drugs
- Equipment for photographic laboratories
- Medicine / Vitamins / Medicinal syrups, ointments
- Fur, horns, taxidermy
- Food / drinks
- Medical technology and equipment
- Tanning salons
- Gaming machines powered by coins, banknotes, bank cards, tokens or similar means of payment
- Central heating boilers classified in subheading 8403 10 of the EAEU TN VED.
- Internal combustion engines
- Medical, surgical, dental or veterinary furniture
- Hairdressing salons and chairs and similar chairs, parts thereof.
- Apparatus and equipment for photographic laboratories classified in the heading
9010 TNVED EAEU.
- Devices, apparatus and models intended for demonstration purposes, classified in heading 9023 00 of the EAEU TN VED.
Can I pack my personal belongings myself?
Yes, you can do this, but be sure to follow our instructions, otherwise the risk of loss and damage to things will be very high, which is why we may refuse to transport.