Sea freight transportation is the most convenient for large volume cargoes with direction abroad (to many countries). ELP Cargo offers its services for the movement of goods by sea. High quality of service and comprehensive work on the safety of shipments are guaranteed. Collaboration is beneficial to customers for several reasons.
- Full range of services in one place. We accept and transport, develop convenient routes, monitor the safety of transportation, and also produce marking stickers, weigh, prepare CRM/HBL/MBL bills of lading, draw up documents, pay mandatory duties, and carry out other necessary activities.
- Customs clearance. We help to go through all the procedures for the movement of goods across the border in accordance with the law.
- Warehouse service: storage, sorting, packing, loading/unloading.
- Consulting on logistics and customs clearance.
- Balanced and in most cases relatively low cost.
Find out the tariffs for sea transportation of goods by filling out the form and writing to us or check with the manager by phone.
Geography of cargo delivery by sea
As you know, transportation within the country is cheaper than international transportation, so it is more profitable to deliver goods to the ports closest to the sender, and not to the most convenient unloading place for the recipient. For example, if the delivery of goods is expected from Southeast Asia, and customs must be cleared in Siberia or the Far East, then the ports of Vladivostok will be the best options for importation.
When transporting goods from Europe, it is better to bring them to the ports of St. Petersburg or transport them through the harbors of the Baltic states.
Upon arrival of the cargo by sea transport to the port, the next stage is the transfer to trucks or wagons for movement by rail. So the shipment reaches the recipient within the country. It is also possible to pick up cargo from ports by the recipient.
Advantages of sea transportation
The best way to deliver consignments of massive volumes is by sea. The advantages of this type of shipment are:
- the ability to transport structures of large volumes;
- transportation of substances weighing several hundred tons;
- sending products of any format, hazard class, physical condition (poisonous chemicals, consumer goods, clothing, food can be placed on ships without fear that they will deteriorate due to pressure or temperature drops);
- packaging in containers (they can be used to carry groupage lots, products of the same sender, weather-resistant items that require special storage);
- the use of sealed tanks for liquid, gaseous and bulk goods;
- simultaneous transportation of an unlimited number of goods (there are similar restrictions on airplanes and trains);
- transportation of containers belonging to different customers;
- simplified documentation;
- uninterrupted supplies (ships run according to the schedule at any time of the year);
- favorable cost (from an economic point of view, the use of the sea type of order dispatch is cost-effective, since the costs for this type of transportation are much lower than for land delivery).
ELP Cargo (“European Logistics Projects”) is a logistics company employing experienced professionals who provide services for the international transportation of consignments around the world. Membership in the International Association of Movers (International Association of Carriers) allows the company to quickly and professionally organize private relocations, office relocations, transportation of cultural property, delivery of industrial equipment, and form prefabricated lots for cheap shipment of goods abroad. We transport products and property around the world, delivering from door to door, and provide a full range of additional services, from packaging and storage to insurance and forwarding. We officially represent the Republic of Lithuania in IAM.
You can order the transportation of products by sea, clarify prices, learn about the features of customs declaration or find out the technical capabilities of a particular port from the manager. Contact information is at the top of the website page. It is also convenient to use the online messenger, where an ELP Cargo specialist answers questions.
ELP Cargo is a member of the world's largest International Association of Movers (IAM for short), and we can offer any moving service to a multitude of different countries by attracting long-term partners from the IAM Association in these countries.
We have temporary storage warehouses in Vilnius and Moscow, where we receive, consolidate, distribute and send personal items abroad.
What Our Clients Say
Most of all I was pleased with the packaging of things: nothing was broken and everything was folded very carefully) well done! "
Cultural property without registration
Natural diamonds / gems
Tobacco / Drugs
Photo lab equipment
Medicine / Vitamins / Medicinal syrups, ointments
Food / drinks
Medical technology and equipment
Solariums for tanning
Games powered by coins, banknotes, bank cards, tokens or similar means of payment
Boilers for central heating, classified in subheading 8403 10 TN VED EAEU.
Internal combustion engines
Medical, surgical, dental or veterinary furniture
Hairdressing salons and chairs and similar chairs, parts thereof.
Apparatus and equipment for photographic laboratories, classified in heading
9010 TNVED EAEU.
Devices, apparatus and models intended for demonstration purposes,
classified in heading 9023 00 TN VED EAEU.
1. Clothing, shoes, hats, umbrellas, jewelry, personal hygiene items, other personal goods in the amount necessary for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Eurasian Economic Union (hereinafter referred to as the Union).
2. Portable sound recording, video recording, reproducing equipment, photographic equipment in the amount of not more than
1 unit of each item and accessories to such equipment, video recording media, audio recording media in the amount necessary for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union.
3. Mobile phones, smartphones and similar communication devices in the amount of not more than 2 units.
4. Portable personal computers, tablets, game consoles in the amount of not more than 1 unit of each item and accessories in the amount necessary for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union.
5. Portable musical instruments in the quantity necessary for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union.
6. Cultural values (if they are confirmed as such in accordance with the legislation of the Member State of the Union)
in the amount necessary for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union.
7. Baby carriages, child seats fixed on car seats in the amount necessary for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union.
8. Wheelchairs for the disabled in the amount necessary for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union.
9. Equipment and supplies for sports, tourism and hunting, balloons in the amount necessary for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union.
10. Domestic animals, including those used for hunting, sports, tourism, in the amount necessary for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union.
11. Portable dialyzers, other similar medical devices and consumables for them in the amount necessary for use during the period of stay in the customs territory of the Union.
2. copy of the page with the registration stamp
3. copy of the international passport main page
4. copy of visa / residence permit / residence permit.
5. packing list/invoice
Full or abbreviated name of the consignee and consignor;
Sender and recipient address;
The number of packages in the shipment and the serial number of the package within the shipment;
Manipulative signs are also indicated, for example: Fragile, Up, etc.
Packaging must be sufficient to protect your item during transit.
Using the most common measures, you can avoid time and labor costs, as well as financial losses.
Use shock-resistant materials that will not allow the load to move freely during transportation.
Each fragile or vulnerable item must be wrapped separately.
Packages must be securely sealed with adhesive tape intended for gluing transported goods.
Boxes must be on the pad and secured.
Cabinet furniture (chest of drawers, wardrobes, beds) must be disassembled in detail and properly packed in a separate package filled with packaging material.
Larger shipments (equipment, etc.) must be secured with a supporting frame structure, which must be filled with protective packaging material (styrofoam, etc.).
For air transportation - in accordance with the Warsaw Convention of October 12, 1929 and the IATA Air Carriage Rules, prescribed in the air waybill; (Liability up to 17 euros per kg)
When transported by road - in accordance with the Convention on the Contract for the International Carriage of Goods by Road (CMR); (Up to 8.33 SDR (approx. 9 euros) per kg.)
When transported by sea - in accordance with the Rules of Maritime Transportation (Hague-Visby Rules). (2SDR or about EUR 2.5 per kg or 666SDR (about EUR 700) per container.)
Additional insurance makes it possible to receive 100% compensation in case of an insured event.